Your cruise wedding checklist
Getting married on a cruise
If you are thinking about getting married on a cruise and would like to book your own romantic wedding at sea, the following cruise wedding checklist will help you arrange everything.
- Contact the Celebrations Department on 0843 373 0353 or via email@example.com to check your chosen cruise has availability for weddings.
- Once wedding availability is confirmed, you will need to book your cruise by either calling our reservations department on 0843 374 0111, booking online at www.pocruises.co.uk or through your local travel agent.
- Once your cruise booking is confirmed, please contact the weddings at sea department to arrange your wedding date and time. Your booking will then be confirmed and a wedding deposit will be taken.
- Please complete and return a signed weddings at sea booking form within the two week courtesy hold period. The booking form can be downloaded.
- Once we have processed your deposit payment you will receive a confirmation invoice together with wedding invitations and 'Collection of Verse and Music for your Civil Marriage', if requested.
- Approximately 3 months prior to departure you will receive your weddings at sea Planning Form and Form A (Notice of Intended Marriage).
- On the Planning Form, please complete the requested details relating to your wedding ceremony, including any extras touches you wish to book.
- Please also complete Form A (Notice of Intended Marriage). This enables us to apply for the necessary marriage licence on your behalf.
- Please return the signed and completed Planning Form and Form A (Notice of Intended Marriage) to us within 14 days.
- On receipt of your Planning Form and Form A (Notice of Intended Marriage) we will contact you to confirm all details and to process the remaining balance for the weddings at sea package, licence fees and any extra touches required.
- Your wedding requirements will be forwarded to the Wedding Coordinator on board your chosen ship.
- Once your wedding ceremony has taken place on board, you will be issued with a P&O Cruises commemorative wedding certificate. Your official marriage certificate, which must be sent to Bermuda to register your marriage, will be sent to your home address approximately 6 – 8 weeks after the end of your cruise.