Learn to cook ‘Chorizo al Vino’ at home
José Pizarro’s Chorizo al Vino recipe
Local Food Hero and acclaimed Spanish chef José Pizarro will bring the flavours of Spain to guests on Iona. While we’re all stuck at home, let José bring Spanish sunshine into your kitchen with this delicious tapas recipe.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g cooking chorizo (spicy or mild)
- 1/2 red onion or 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 150ml red wine
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock, warmed
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan, then cook chorizo. Stir continuously for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add red onion, garlic and thyme and turn up the heat to medium.
- Once caramelised, add good quality red wine and leave to reduce on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and leave to reduce for 5 minutes then take off the heat.
- Roughly chop a handful of parsley and add to the pan along with a drizzle of olive oil.