Iona: spotlight on the spa and wellness
The spa on Iona
Beauty and wellness treatments
Iona is, however, proud to introduce some exciting new therapies, including:
- Destination-inspired treatments – a range of traditional, local treatments and therapies that bring the destination to the spa, including the Nordic Soapstone Therapy and the Baltic Fire & Ice Massage
- ELEMIS Superfood Pro-Radiance facial – energise and detoxify stressed, dull skin with a nutritional superfood boost. Leaves skin, plumper, radiant and lit up with good health.
- Restorative Salt Stone Massage – an invigorating deeply restorative body massage that harnesses the beneficial properties of Himalayan pink salt stone
- MLX QUARTZ BED (The Psammo Concept) – Psammotherapy (Hot Sand Therapy) was used in Ancient Egypt to treat a number of ailments and today this treatment is all about relaxation as warm sand quartz cocoons the body and replicates the beneﬁts of a day spent at the beach.
With services that include:
- The Barber Shop – a stylish grooming club that offers a menu of traditional services, such as haircuts and deep cleansing shaves, and more adventurous skin and medi-spa treatments.
- Kérastase treatments – to deliver the most advanced luxury hair treatments, Iona’s styling team use Kérastase services and products, courtesy of salon leaders L’Oréal. Among them are a speciality colour bar, a hair and scalp diagnostic and luxury haircare rituals and treatments
- Blow-Out, Lash and Brow Bar – in this sociable space (a fleet innovation), come together to have your brows defined, your lashes extended and your hair styled to perfection with a sleek blow dry. It’s the perfect way to go glam for a Celebration Night.
The Gym and Fitness Studio
The gym is typically open from 8am to 8pm every day and use of the equipment is complimentary. With floor-to-ceiling windows, your workouts come with a serious view, too. A new range of classes has been carefully devised to suit every interest and ability, from meditation to high-energy spin classes and everything in between.
The below classes are charged at a small additional charge and can be booked on board:
- Functional training/HIIT – a cardio workout to boost stamina and hone body conditioning
- Tour de Cycle – build metabolic and muscle stamina whilst also improving cardio strength and physical capability, as a curated playlist motivates each beat of the class
- Pure-form yoga – Hatha yoga is a free-flow class that focuses on the breathing whilst moving between and holding postures. Suitable for all levels of fitness, this ancient tradition is built around the concept of a moving meditation
- Pure-form Pilates – based on the principles of breathing, control and precision, this class is particularly good for those looking to lengthen and tone up without the need for a cardiovascular workout
- Mindful programming – connect mind, body and soul with meditation and breathing classes.