Planning for your holiday
P&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver holiday prices are per person based on two adults sharing the lowest grade of cabin available within the applicable cabin type. Prices are subject to availability and may go up or down. There is a wide range of accommodation available and you will be able to find the current price for the cabin grade you would like online, or by calling us or your travel agent. Fly-cruise prices are inclusive of economy class flights from/to the UK on day of embarkation/disembarkation. The inclusive airport varies by cruise and date of booking, and prices may vary for other departure airports. All flights are subject to availability.
P&O Cruises Select Price holidays come with a range of features shown below. These benefits are subject to availability, and are only applicable with P&O Cruises Select Prices.
- Select Price holidays are available on all cruises, at all times
- Choice of cabin location (subject to availability)
- First priority for dining style on ships offering both Freedom and Club Dining
- First priority for seating time and table size for Club Dining
- First priority for cabin upgrades (where and if available)
- Choice of on-board spending money or car parking in Southampton or return coach travel to Southampton. Available on cruises of 7 nights or more – see ‘Choosing your Select Price benefit’ for further details
- 15% deposit
- Flexibility to change your booking (subject to our booking conditions)
- Shuttle buses (where they are provided by P&O Cruises)
Choosing your Select Price benefit
- On-board spending money
- Return coach travel to Southampton
- Car parking in Southampton
On-board spending money varies by cruise duration and is based on the number of nights spent on board (excluding overnight flights) and cabin grade and applies to the first two guests sharing a cabin. You’ll find the amounts for each cruise online or via your travel agent. If you have opted for on-board spending money this can be used during your cruise in most of the ships’ outlets, including on-board shops, bars, photo gallery, art gallery and towards restaurants, spa services, gifts, internet packages and shore experiences booked on board. Please note on-board spending money cannot be used for the following: medical charges (including services, prescriptions and supplies), cash back, purchase of foreign currency, international visas, charity donations, on-board gaming (including the Casino) and as full or part payment against a future cruise or charter flight seat reservations and upgrades. All on-board spending money is non-refundable. If you have purchased, or have received a gift credit then please be advised that the same terms as above apply. If you are a P&O Cruises Peninsular Club member your on-board discount applies after all on-board spending money has been used.
Car parking is available on Southampton round trip cruises of 7 nights or more*. Your car will be left in a secure car park (one space per booking). Please let us know at the time of booking if you wish to use this service and then contact Cruise & Passenger Services Ltd (the operator) direct on 0345 071 3939 or via www.cruiseparking.co.uk to arrange your car parking no less than 10 days in advance of your departure.
Return coach transfers are available on Southampton round trip cruises of 7 nights or more*. Coach transfers are available to all guests on the booking. Please let us know at the time of booking if you wish to use this service and then contact our coach provider direct on 0344 338 8690 (local call charges apply) no later than 35 days prior to departure. For pick up points see www.intercruises.com/cruiseconnect.
*Subject to availability. Available for car parking bookings made at least 10 days prior to departure, and coach transfers at least 35 days. Please note that World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises and Grand Tours are not eligible for Southampton car parking or return coach transfers.
Early Saver prices are designed for those who want great value, without all of the Select Price benefits.
Features of Early Saver holidays include:
- available on all cruises, at selected times
- available on selected grades of cabin (we’ll assign your cabin number)
- possible upgrades (where and if available, after non-Saver bookings)
- flexibility required for your desired dining style, dining time and table size on ships with both Freedom and Club Dining
- 15% deposit
- flexibility to change your booking (subject to our booking conditions)
** If you’re travelling as a group and wish to be seated together, we recommend that you book our Select Price option.
Other promotional prices may be introduced closer to sailing, these prices will be subject to more restrictive terms and conditions; no choice of dining time or table size; no choice of cabin – other than telling us whether you want an Inside, Sea view or Balcony, for example.
Items not included in your holiday price
The inclusive nature of our holidays ensures you can enjoy exceptional value for money. There are still, however, a few items you will need to charge to your on-board account, as well as those little luxuries that you can purchase on board or ahead of your holiday via my.pocruises.com – from drinks packages and shore experiences to spa treatments and speciality restaurant bookings, you can start planning your holiday as soon as you’ve booked.
Additional items include:
- All drinks in the restaurants
- All drinks and snacks in the bars
- Drinks packages
- Ice cream
- Mini-bar and drinks in your cabin
- Shore experiences
- A range of health & beauty treatments and use of spa facilities
- Purchases in the on-board shops
- Dry cleaning and laundry services
- Speciality restaurants
- Telephone calls, faxes, internet access (where applicable), emails and selected services through your Interactive TV
- Optional entertainment including art and craft materials, some fitness classes and souvenir programmes
- Local taxes – some destinations may impose local taxes whilst we are within their taxing jurisdiction. For example it may be necessary to charge tax within our bars and retail areas at certain times throughout a cruise. All prices on board will be displayed exclusive of this tax which will be charged separately and itemised on your receipt at the point of sale. Information about applicable taxes will be provided to you on board
- Medical care – please be aware all services are charged for so please ensure you read the travel insurance section on information required at the time of booking
- Room service – please note that room service charges will apply on selected items
Paying your Deposit
To secure your booking, a per person deposit of 15% will need to be paid using a debit or credit card. We do not accept Switch or Maestro. For bookings made within 90 days of departure and for some of our fares, the full balance will be due at time of booking. In the event of cancellation, deposits are non-refundable but may be recoverable, by you, from your insurance company, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy. Once you have made your booking we will send you a Booking Confirmation showing your cruise details, cabin booked and price payable. This shows the date your final balance is due. Please check this carefully.
Additional occupancy – third or fourth adult
A number of cabins contain extra beds and if three or four guests book as a party and share one of these cabins, they can save money. In twin cabins these extra beds are pull-down beds or sofa beds. You’ll find further details in the deck plans. Symbols on the deck plans show the grades at which some cabins have extra beds. The first two adults in a cabin pay the adult price; the third and fourth adults pay the adult price with a percentage deducted depending on the cabin grade. Reduction percentages can vary by cruise, so talk to your travel agent or call our Customer Contact Centre for the reduction amount of a specific cruise. Please note there is limited availability for cabins with additional occupancy.
Book two or more consecutive Select Price holidays to enjoy an extended break and we will give you a 10% reduction on the combined adult price. Please note combination savers do not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises or Grand Tours. Or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 41 nights or more in duration.
For details of special arrangements we can provide for groups of all types – from clubs and associations to corporate incentives and conferences – talk to your travel agent or call us for more information.