When your holiday time is limited, a fly-cruise can make it work harder for you.
26 October 2022
By P&O Cruises Editorial staff
Our on-board casinos – will Lady Luck smile on you?
If you fancy a flutter on holiday, why not head for the casino? Yes, each of our magnificent ships has its very own casino on board.
These beautiful venues are the real deal, equipped with all of your favourite table games – from Blackjack, to Roulette, to Poker, and more… not forgetting the forever-fun state-of-the-art slot machines. Alongside the table games and slots, you’ll also find fun and interactive gameshows hosted on specified evenings, plus interactive virtual horse racing and, of course, cash prize bingo sessions each and every sea day.
But how to play the game?
If you’re unsure as to how a game should be played, fear not. Our experienced and friendly staff are always on-hand to explain the rules to you. And be sure to keep an eye out for special Free Gaming Lessons and Player Tutorials towards the beginning of the cruise. It’s your chance to have a go at our games completely free of charge… a great way to gain new skills and meet new people at the same time.
Think you’ve got what it takes to become a Blackjack champion? Well, why not take part in the exciting Blackjack tournaments. For a small cost, you get to pit your wits against the dealer and other players. And if you manage the highest score of the day, you might just walk away with a fab prize. Go on, give it a go!
What are the rules?
In our onboard casinos, naturally, the name of the game is FUN! But please do remember that there are certain rules we ask you to observe:
- Guests under the age of 18 aren’t allowed in the casino. If the casino is a thoroughfare to another part of the ship, then children may pass through, but should not stay in the casino for any length of time. Please don’t be offended if we ask for proof of age. Under 18s are, however, very welcome at both our Bingo and Horse Racing events, provided they are accompanied by someone over the age of 18.
- If you’d like to take a photograph in the casino, please do! That said, please do ask the permission of others in the vicinity and respect their answer. Videos are not permitted in the casino area.
- Mobile phones may be used on the casino floor and the slot machines, but we do ask that you don’t use them at our live tables. Thank you.
- As with all areas of the ship, we ask that guests are polite and respectful to casino staff. Conversation and banter with our dealers is encouraged, but if this crosses the line with either a crew member or another guest, management reserves the right to refuse service.
- Tips are in no way required from our players. However, if you feel you’d like to tip any of our staff, you may do so using the casino chips at the live tables, or cash at the cash desk.
Dressing the part
There’s no particular dress code for our casinos, but we do ask that you come appropriately attired. Here’s what we mean by that:
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times, and please no swimwear or towels.
- On formal evenings, many of our guests like to dress up, giving our casino all the glitz and glam of Monaco! There are often special events held to mark these evenings, so feel free to dress to the nines.
- However, if dressing up isn’t really your thing, then there’s absolutely no obligation to do so. We’re open for everyone.
Place your bets please!Placing a bet in the casino couldn’t be easier! Simply charge to your onboard account for no fee. We also accept cash (Sterling). Please note, however, that on-board spending money can’t be used in the casino, nor for any gambling events such as Bingo or Horse Racing.
And if you’re playing our slot machines, any money you cash out will be conveniently held for you in the “casino account” on your cruise card, meaning you can come back and play any time without having to worry about cash. Just remember to cash out all remaining money at the cash desk before the end of your cruise, as it won’t be transferred back to your on-board account!