Joining your ship-we're here to help
If you require any assistance with embarking or disembarking the ship, we ask that you complete our on-board needs questionnaire on My P&O Cruises as soon as possible. We are able to help with the following to ensure your journey to and from the ship is as smooth as possible:
- Assistance with baggage check-in and its transfer to your cabin
- Assistance from check-in through immigration and security to boarding the ship with lifts, wheelchairs and other assistance provided as necessary
- Assistance at time of embarkation, from the ship entrance to your cabin, seat or other area
- Assistance handling any additional medical equipment or mobility aids
- Ground handling of recognised assistance dog
If you have reduced mobility or a disability, you are entitled to support when travelling by air – both at the airport and on the flight. For assistance requirements, we can guarantee only one companion will be seated with someone on the flight. Please note this is available only on charter flights.
If you choose a fly-cruise holiday, you will be required to check in your wheelchair or mobility scooter at the airport with your baggage. Assistance is provided from check-in by the airport’s own assistance team, who will provide the support you need to reach and board the plane.
If you are flying and taking any of the equipment described below, you must give us full details when you complete your on-board needs questionnaire. You must also contact the airline to inform them about the equipment you are bringing. This applies to scheduled and charter flights.