We’re delighted that you’ve chosen to set sail with us and we cannot wait to welcome you on board. Before we get there, it is mandatory for all UK guests to have suitable travel insurance cover in order to cruise with us. To help you understand the insurance requirements needed for a P&O Cruises holiday, read on…
Why is travel insurance important?
For many significant purchases in your life, insurance is essential. And holidays are no different. Travel insurance ensures you can relax and enjoy your holiday with peace of mind that you’re covered in the event something should go wrong. This includes unforeseen incidents before your holiday, while travelling or while you’re away.
Typically, travel insurance covers cancellation of your holiday, stolen belongings and medical treatment. Without it, these can be extremely stressful and costly problems. While we hope you never have to claim, it is important that you have the right level of cover just in case.
Our checklist for choosing the right cover
- Make sure your insurance provides full cover for:
- A cruise holiday
- The full length of the trip
- All of the destinations you’re visiting – if in doubt, choose worldwide cover
- When travelling with us, your insurance must include medical cover of £2 million minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses related to COVID-19
- Ensure your policy includes cover for repatriation, cancellation and curtailment
- Declare any pre-existing medical conditions and read each policy thoroughly to make sure you have the cover you need
- Going on more than one holiday this year? Look into annual or multi-trip policies.
Your holiday with us
At the terminal you will be asked to confirm you have travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate cover in place for the duration of your holiday. Unfortunately you will be denied boarding, at your own expense, if you’re unable to confirm you have arranged insurance.
You may be asked for proof of your travel insurance so please be sure to bring either a printed or digital copy of your insurance documentation that confirms cover for the named travellers over the dates of travel.
We’ve partnered with Holiday Extras to offer cover for our holidays
Holiday Extras offer cruise-specific travel insurance policies – perfect for your next holiday. One of the key benefits is that this cruise-specific cover includes things most travel insurance policies don’t cover as standard, such as missed ports, missed shore experiences and cabin confinement.
Holiday Extras offer three levels of cover to choose from: bronze, silver and gold. All of these available options meet our minimum requirements for travel insurance and the gold policy offers enhanced cover for cancellations as a result of COVID. Tailored options are also available from Holiday Extras should you have pre-existing medical conditions.
To find out more, visit www.holidayextras.com/pocruises or phone 0800 093 3070 and quote PAOHX.