Enhanced health and well-being measures
Your experience on board
To help you to feel comfortable throughout your holiday, we’ve introduced enhanced health and well-being measures to protect everyone on board. These include:
- A vaccination and testing policy for all guests and crew
- Health screening at the cruise terminal
- Enhanced on-board ventilation systems to improve and increase filtration and fresh air
- Even higher levels of cleanliness and enhanced sanitation
- Plans in place to manage your medical needs
- Mask wearing – We recommend that guests wear masks on board, but they’re only required in the medical centre. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.
- Hand washing – Thorough hand washing and regular sanitising is encouraged throughout your holiday.
- Reporting COVID-19 symptoms – All our ships have 24/7 medical centres staffed by experienced doctors and nurses to help support your health needs. Please report any COVID-19 symptoms to the medical team straight away.
Our well-being measures are subject to change, and may do so during your cruise, as we work with experts and government bodies to respond to the latest advice. Rest assured our focus is always to protect the health and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit.
Upon embarkation, one of our friendly crew members will be able to help direct you to your muster station. You’ll have your boarding pass scanned and can familiarise yourself with your muster station, ensuring you know where you need to go in the event of an emergency. When you arrive at your cabin, we ask that you watch our safety video that will be showing on your in-cabin TV. This includes important health, well-being and safety information as well as the actions you would need to take in the unlikely event of an emergency, including a life jacket demonstration. Once this is done, you can relax, explore and enjoy everything your ship has to offer.
Pre-existing medical requirements
If you have any pre-existing medical requirements, we advise that you discuss your travel plans with your doctor.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to accept guests who:
- Require supplementary oxygen (via tank or cylinder)
- Require haemodialysis
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within 7 days prior to the cruise
Guests who use overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea will be able to travel, however, guests requiring oxygen via concentrator, those who utilise mechanical ventilatory support and those requiring peritoneal dialysis will only be accepted to travel with prior confirmation from our medical team. You can contact our medical team via our contact centre.
If you test positive for COVID-19 on board
If you or a member of your travelling party tests positive for COVID-19 during your cruise, we’ll take care of you
If you test positive for COVID-19 whilst on board, you will need to isolate for your well-being and the well-being of other guests. We’ll make sure you’re well looked after with full room service, a menu choice of three meals a day, free access to TV channels and laundry service. Our dedicated medical experts will also be on hand to take care of you as you cope with the symptoms of COVID-19. This will be for either the duration of the required isolation, until the next port of call, or until the scheduled port of disembarkation.
Vaccinated close contacts of guests who test positive whilst on board are not required to go into isolation but additional testing and other protocols, such as in-cabin dining, may apply.
As per our booking conditions, it is mandatory to have travel insurance with COVID-19 cover. If you test positive for COVID-19, you should contact your insurance provider immediately so they may assist with travel arrangements and open a claim for any associated expenses. We will provide you with complimentary internet and calls to help you with this important step.
Any instances of positive tests on board will be managed by our on-board medical teams in conjunction with local port authority / Port Health requirements and protocols to determine the best course of action. The framework of protocols for cruise ships can differ slightly to those on land or to other forms of travel. Some countries may also require guests to isolate ashore.
UK resident guests who are in isolation on their return to Southampton will be able to travel home after disembarkation.