As we prepare to return to sea we’re combining over 180 years’ experience with the expertise of foremost accredited scientists, medical professionals and government advisors to deliver the P&O Cruises holiday you expect.
The framework of enhanced protocols outlined here has been supported by the UK Government; Department for Transport; Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the world’s largest cruise industry trade association; EU Healthy Gateways and public health agencies, and are designed to keep you and our crew healthy and well throughout your holiday.
Carnival Corporation, P&O Cruises parent company, has also been working with a number of world-leading experts to support efforts in developing the enhanced protocols for the return of cruise holidays.
The advisors include:
- Dr. Vivek Murthy, MD, MBA, author, former vice admiral in the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and 19th Surgeon General of the United States
- Dr. Simon Clarke, associate professor in cellular microbiology, University of Reading School of Biological Sciences (UK)
- Michael S. Diamond, MD, PhD, Herbert S. Gasser professor of medicine, molecular microbiology, pathology & immunology; and associate director, Center for Human Immunology and Immunotherapy Programs, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis
- Michael Z. Lin, MD, PhD, associate professor of neurobiology, bioengineering, and chemical and systems biology; and principal investigator, The Lin Lab, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Dr. Jewel Mullen, MD, MPH, associate dean for health equity, University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School
- Emil C. Reisinger, MD, full professor of internal medicine, infectious diseases and tropical medicine and director of the Division of Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rostock, Germany
- Dr. Stefano Vella, MD, former director, National Center for Global Health, Istituto Superiore di Sanità (Italian National Institute of Health); and adjunct professor of global health, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Catholic University of the Sacred Heart) in Rome